Monday, April 25, 2016

Tricking the Principal?

"Momma, you remember we went to Farm Day today, right?"

"Yes, Honey. How did you like it?"

I hopped onto a stool at the kitchen counter. "Oh, it was really good. Well, except ..."

Momma pushed a casserole into the oven and turned around. "Except what?"

"Milk comes from cows, right?"

"Yes, of course."

I shook my head. "Poor Dr. Hogan-Young was obviously being tricked." I folded my arms across my chest. "That just didn't seem very nice to me to do that to her."

"What happened?"

"They brought this scrawny animal up in front of everyone and told Dr. Hogan-Young to milk it. They called it a goat."

Momma giggled.

"You think that's funny, too, to trick her that way?"

"No, Dear. There are other animals that can be milked. A goat is one of them."

"You mean you can milk a chicken?"

"No, That's one that can't be."

"Wow, this farm stuff is more complicated than I thought." I brushed my hand across my forehead. "I felt sorry for the little sheeps too. They shaved all their fur off, and they looked naked! Kinda like Grandpa's head, with just a little itty bitty hair showing."

"They shear the sheep to use the wool for making yarn and clothes."

"That poor sheep could have used a sweater!"


*****************

Chloe thought Dr. Hogan-Young was being tricked, and she didn't like it, probably because she thought they were making fun of Dr. Hogan-Young. Has anyone ever tricked someone you know? Have you ever been tricked? Have you had to stand up for someone and not let them be made fun of? Explain.

Chloe found out that there's always new things to learn. What is something you have learned recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment