Saturday, November 19, 2016

Thankful For's Starting Early

Daddy walked into my room and started tucking me in to bed. Momma usually did that. But I didn’t mind Daddy doing it.
“So what did you and Momma do today?”
Daddy’s head jerked up like he was surprised but then he just smiled. “We had a couple of errands.” He eased down onto the bed. “Momma was feeling a little tired. I hope you don’t mind if I tuck you in and say prayers with you tonight.”
“Of course not, Daddy. But I do hope Momma is all right.”
“Oh, yeah. She’s fine.” He grinned. “Did you have a good time at MeMe and PopPop’s?”
“Yes. I love going to visit them.”
“They love that too. We’ll get more time with them next week for Thanksgiving. Now you settle in and rest well, my sweet girl.” He prayed and kissed my forehead.
I snuggled under my comforter. Thanksgiving was for being thankful. I was thankful for Momma and Daddy. And for Meme and PopPop. I couldn’t forget Mr. and Mrs. Brooks next door and Sara across the street. At this rate, I would still be listing my “thankful for’s” through the two days of school and straight into Thanksgiving Day itself.



 ******
Start a list of your "thankful for's" right now. See how long your list becomes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment