Friday, March 4, 2016

After the Book Launch is Over

Wednesday was the fabulous book launch for my third grade writing peeps.

Their desks were arranged in a u-shape, draped with a plastic table cloth. Each student had made a nice large name card - quite decorative, I might add. Each author displayed his book next to his name plate. They each had a pen poised to sign the special cards we had made for the guests.

After the autographs, there were cookies and punch for celebrating.

When all the guests had left, I read Oh, The Places You'll Go by Dr. Suess. I then told the kids there was a big reason I had read that to them. I asked this question: "After I do a book launch, do you know what I do the next day?"

Some of them shrugged their shoulders and others tried to offer ideas.

"The next day after celebrating, I sit down at my desk and I start writing another book."

One girl said, "So that's what we can do too, right?"

"Exactly," I said. "I'll be back next week to start on a new writing adventure. What do you think?"

The excitement glinting from their eyes hinted to me that they're ready to go.

Just a hint: We're going to dissect sentences and make a crazy flip book.

No comments:

Post a Comment