Saturday, May 13, 2017

Oh, brother! (Literally)

"Chloe." Momma stopped me before I closed the car door. "I'll be back for your field day."

I nodded. "Okay, Momma."

Momma worried about my broken wrist. She was coming to keep an eye on me. That's what she said. I knew what that meant. She would let me know the things I could do and the things I couldn't do. I was afraid there would be a lot more things I couldn't do.
*********
I followed in line down to the lower field. Momma was already waiting with the kid in the stroller. Looking around the baseball field, I spied all kinds of fun activity stations. I turned around. "This looks like fun." I stopped. No one was there.

The whole class, including Mrs. Taylor, gathered around the kid's stroller.

"Aw, he's so cute."

"Look at his chubby cheeks."

"He's smiling."

I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes. This is my field day. 

Mrs. Taylor clapped her hands together. "Okay everyone, let's go to our first event. Let's be good sports and cheer each other on." She glanced at the kid. "We even have our own mascot - little Peyton."

Oh, brother. I shook my head.

The first couple of events worked out okay for me, except I had to use my left hand. I quickly realized that I don't do as well with that hand. But everyone cheered me on, so I didn't mind.

The last three activities I wasn't allowed to do. They looked like so much fun. One had two boards with ropes that a group got on and had to walk or scoot the boards. The next event involved water, so that was out for me. The last activity was a box to crawl through.

"I don't feel comfortable with you doing this one either," Momma said.

I shrugged and blew out a big breath.

**********
After lunch was the color fun challenge and water slide. The water slide looked so fun.

"Momma, is there any way I could go down that slide?"

"No, honey, I'm afraid not."

I poked out my bottom lip and huffed.

"I'm sorry, but there are consequences to our actions."

"What do you mean?"

Momma tilted her head and looked at me. "Well, dear, you decided to take that one more ride down the hill when Daddy said it was time to go inside. That landed you in that cast. Now there are things you can't do. Hopefully you'll think the next time before disobeying."

Sometimes when Momma is right, I don't much like it. 
*********************************
When everyone gave attention to baby Peyton, Chloe didn't like it. She seemed quite jealous. Have you ever been jealous? Describe that time.

Chloe learned there are consequences to our actions. What does that mean? Have you ever had to learn this? Explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment